Call 1300 895 998

Step Parent Adoption
Lawyers & Barristers

in Perth, available now...

  • Overview

We can help you get your children back.

A recovery order may be sought from the Family Court to return a child to the person who is responsible for the child’s care. This order may be necessary if a parent refuses to return the child to you, or the child cannot be found. Recovery orders are made for recovering a child from a place within Australia. It is not necessary for a parenting order to be in place to be able to file for a recovery order.

A recovery order can also prohibit the person from taking possession of the child again and may authorise the arrest of the person if this occurs. The recovery order will remain in force for the period specified in the order, or for 12 months, whichever is the shorter period.

Quick Enquiry

Private & confidential

  • Request call back
  • Book a consultation
  • Urgent matters

Request call back

Book a consultation

Urgent matters